The Tu'Tara are a reptilian race that appears in Tu'Tara Caverns in Torchlight. The player can attack them without provocation, but they appear to be sentient, as they live in primitive villages. They live in villages built in the caverns and are known for surprising the unwary by leaping out of their huts. The Tu'tara return in the Salt Barrens in Torchlight II.
Augmentation[edit | edit source]
Notable Weapons that are augmented after killing Tu'Tarans:
- Scalebane - Kills 50 Tu'Tarans
- The Scorpion - Kills 50 Tu'Tarans
- Reptimortis - Kills 50 Tu'Tarans
- Longshot - Kills 50 Tu'Tarans
- Cold-Gas Blastgun - Kills 50 Tu'Tarans
In Torchlight I[edit | edit source]
The following types of Tu'tara appear in Torchlight:
- Tu'Tara Edgebreaker - melee warriors with a dash attack.
- Tu'Tara Shieldsnapper - ranged fighters
- Tu'Tara Oathmaster - Blue-colored Tu'tara that act as healers and spellcasters
- Tu'Tara Warcutter - Red-colored Tu'tara that are strong, shield-carrying fighters.
In Torchlight II[edit | edit source]
In Torchlight II, the Tu'tara have a wider variation in form, including large brutes, rangers that resemble chameleons, and spellcasters that resemble fringed lizards.
Types[edit | edit source]
Duneranger[edit | edit source]
Hunter[edit | edit source]
Wrecker[edit | edit source]
Lancer[edit | edit source]
Cliffguard[edit | edit source]
Sandweaver[edit | edit source]
Skullcrusher[edit | edit source]
Named[edit | edit source]
Aruk[edit | edit source]
Aruk's Retainer[edit | edit source]
Aruk's Advisor[edit | edit source]
Development[edit | edit source]
- The name "Tu'tara" was probably inspired by the tuatara, two species of reptiles native to remote New Zealand islands. Tuatara represent the only two surviving species of the order Sphenodontia, a lineage of reptiles that diverged from modern-day lizards. As such they have been called "living fossils." In Māori mythology, tuatara are regarded as the messengers of Whiro, the evil lizard-god of death.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Characters and monsters|
T1: Syl • Brink • Vasman • Goren • Gorn and Furl • Hatch • Trill-Bot 4000 • Duran the Transmuter • Duros the Blade • Horse • Ulrec • Goldenrod • Kolos • Triya • Gar • Valeria
Monsters and races
Animal • Bandit • Basilisk • Bittersprite • Blood Disciple • Burrower • Construct • Cursed Sword • Dark Zealot • Dragonkin • Dwarf • Dwarven Automata • Elemental • Estherian • Ezrohir • Felwing • Gargoyle • Gel • Ghost • Goblin • Goblin Hound • Lich • Manticore • Mechanical Construct • Mimic • Mirka • Mycon • Netherim • Ponya • Phase Beast • Ratlin • Roach • Skeleton • Spectral Dragon • Spectre • Spider • Strider • Sturmbeorn • Tattered Lurker • Troglodyte • Troll • Tu'tara • Varkolyn • Werewolf • Witch • Yakotaur • Zeraphi • Zombie